Easy Oven Baked Beef Ribs
Prep Time 10 Min
Cook Time 4 Hrs
Ready In 6 Hrs 10 Min
- 3 lbs meaty beef ribs
- Liquid smoke (optional)
- 2-4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, can used a smoked salt as well. (I used 1½ teaspoons because we kinda like our ribs a tad salty)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Favorite BBQ Sauce (I only used a few tablespoons of Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- Rinse ribs and dry COMPLETELY with paper towels.
- Douse dry ribs with liquid smoke if using.
- Lightly coat ribs in olive oil.
- Mix together seasoning and sprinkle generously over ribs, front and back. (don’t have to use all of seasoning mix)
- Massage the spices into the ribs, adding more olive oil to help distribute the spices well if needed.
- Place the ribs in a large ziplock bag or covered bowl and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- Place the ribs on a foil lined baking tray in a single layer.
- Add another piece of foil on top to create a pouch for the ribs to cook in. Be sure to seal the edges of the foil so that it’s tight and steam won’t seep out.
- Bake on the middle rack of 3½ -4 hours. (Mine only needed 3½ hours) Check on it after the 3½ hour mark. The oven temperature is very low so you can afford to cook it a bit longer without worry)
- When the ribs are done to your liking, drain off the excess fat.
- Brush the ribs with desired amount of BBQ sauce.
- Broil on low until the sauce is sticky. (this won’t take long so keep an eye on it)
- Serve hot and enjoy!!
Contributed by Divas Can Cook